Sunday, July 29, 2012

New World Translation

On the Christian ex JehovahWitness group a post was made...

I blog about the Bible occasionally. If you have time, take a minute and read my thoughts about the JW NWT. I also talk about some of the last few verses in the book of Revelations. Feel free to leave a comment:
http://ceceliadowdy.com/blog/2012/07/sunday-brunch-revelations.html
~Cecelia Dowdy~
 
 
Alterations of GOD's written Word, in this case the NWT,  is blasphemy. This was my response to her blog.
 
Cecelia,

You have been called of GOD to be one of His children. To overcome the spirit of deception in the Watchtower is no little matter.

The Society HAS changed many verses, omitting some in the NWT. There is a demonic spirit that has power over the leaders who are in their pride modified the NWT to suit their doctrine.


The NWT blasphemes the Son of GOD, denying His deity. Hebrews 1:5, 6…”For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.” KJV.


The NWT bible I used when “in” was a leather type black bible that felt “good” in my hand and “comfortable” to read and easy to understand. I must admit I liked it.


Some years into the program I picked up a book order to give my four children fresh bibles for field service. Now the Leather versions were not available so we received hardcovers.


Reading through the bibles I noticed that there were no more [brackets]in the bible. The brackets were used to identify words that the Society (admits) to adding into the text for “clarity”.


Continuing to look through the bible I noticed it was the same 1984 (I believe) version of the NWT.
In their arrogance the revised the entire bible without acknowledging they did so. Really?! Then to think about it there are no names signed or acknowleged by this work of men. Only a stamp in the form of a signature that reads “The Translation Comittee” They claim this is so they can give the entire credit to Jehovah. Really?!


Looking back now what right does anyone have to change GOD’s word? Only an unsaved nonbeliever could do such a thing as this or else they would know Revelation 22:18, 19 and other Scriptures they indicate they will be held accountable.


Still looking back, any written documant, article and especially a Bible that does not have proper references and footnotes on who did the research, translation, copying and writing at best is not credible and at worst evil.